Alfalfa is a herbaceous plant that blooms in spring and may be taken as germinated. It is difficult to digest that a plant used as food for horses is also an excellent dish for human food, but it is. The germination of seeds is the most appropriate way to eat and more nutritious for all. It is one of the most complete and nutritious foods available. Sprouted foods are rich in vitamins and substances with antioxidant action. Although consumption of these foods increases with age, are still not well known, but are a perfect ingredient to developing many recipes, especially salad. In general, the sprouts can be added to all kinds of soups, with the precaution of adding them when the soup is already on the plate. No cook ever sprouted, because the cooking takes away your quality of live food.
Nutrition of germinated alfalfa
• 7% of high-quality protein and bioavailability (contains all the essential amino acids and many non-essential).
• 50% carbohydrate •
3% polyunsaturated fat
• 25% fiber
• Large amount of vitamin K
• Higher amount of vitamin C than citrus.
• Vitamin A, D, E, folic acid, group B and carotene.
• Many minerals such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, sulfur, cobalt and others.
• It is a very good source of chlorophyll.
• Very rich in Rutin, which is a bioflavonoids.
Ingredients (serves 4)
• 50 grams of germinated alfalfa.
• 50 grams of sprouted lentils.
• 50 grams of soybeans.
• 2 liters of water.
• 1 carrot.
• 1 leek.
• 1 onion.
• 2 tablespoons olive oil.
vegetable soup simmering in 2 liters of water, carrots, leek and onion for 80 minutes.
Once the cooked vegetables and pass by the pasapurés will add to the vegetable broth. We are about to salt.
Then, add a little olive oil, sprouts, give one boil for 1 minutes and ready to consume.
Salad Cucumber and Alfalfa
Ingredients (for 2 people)
• 2 cucumbers, peeled and finely chopped • 1 cup
• 1 bunch watercress
disinfected • ¼ cup of juice or lemon juice or more
1. Peel and cut the cucumber into thin slices. Place in a bowl, marinate with a little juice or lemon juice and salt. One hours and leave.
2. Disinfect well watercress. Place on a plate served as a bunch of watercress, alfalfa a mountain, bathed in lemon juice and elsewhere in the lemon cucumbers. Season everything with salt.
Salad with Mushrooms alfalfa
Ingredients: • 300 gr
• 1 can mushroom
• 1 can of tuna
• 1 cup plain yogurt
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash and disinfect alfalfa, drain and place in a salad bowl.
2. Discard the oil from the tuna and mix with the alfalfa.
3. Drain mushrooms and add them.
4. Mix yogurt with salt and pepper and serve as garnish.
salad with avocado alfalfa germinated
• 2 1 / 2 cups of alfalfa germinated
• 1 avocado, for garnish or
• 3 / 4 cup plain yogurt
• 1 / 2 cup mayonnaise
Preparation: It is
in small portions and the avocado was added to alfalfa germinated.
In another bowl mix together yogurt and mayonnaise and is added to the above.
Salad Alfalfa germinated
Ingredients: • 4
grated carrots • 1 cup of alfalfa germinated
• 5 boiled beetroot or tomato
• 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise or a mixture of lemon oil and olives for garnish •
• salt to taste
Preparation: Mix the grated carrots
with alfalfa germinated, mayonnaise and salt.
Place in the center of a dish and surround with slices of beets seasoned.
Decorate with eggs and stuffed olives.
ricotta cheese tortellini salad and sprouts
• 500g ricotta tortellini
cream • 4 tablespoons of soy milk
• 1 tablespoon butter •
For the salad: •
50 g of lentils germinated
• 50 g of green soybeans germinated
• 50 g of germinated alfalfa
• 1 onion •
tender minced 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
• 12 black olives oregano
• • • gomasio
ricotta pasta boiled in plenty of salted water for 20 minutes, the salad is prepared to sit and the flavors mix. Thus, combining the sprouts in a bowl and add the onion, sesame oil and aligning these ingredients with a little oil and sprinkle with oregano and gomasio.
When tortellini is cooked and drained provides in a container with a little butter. Here are divided into individual dishes and cover with the cream of soy milk, along with salad and sprouts ready.