Many of the Arabic dishes are prepared with the finest grains, legumes, fruits and vegetables in a whole variety of preparations. In this type of cooking up delicious jocoques, yogurt, goat cheese, dried fruits and nuts like almonds, sesame seeds, olive oil, mint, parsley, lemons, tomatoes, onion, garlic ... Traditional Arabic cuisine includes beef stuffed with vegetables, raisins and pine nuts, wrapped in puff pastry or filo dough, but we adapt some recipes that do not contain animal flesh, which could be sustituior soy meat or tofu. Keep in mind that the decoration of these dishes is always full of decorations and very appealing to the eye . Pastel
vegetarian (dish Arabic)
Yield: 4 servings
• • 500 gr. of pages or two hundred grams of gluten or Carnita (texturized soy).
• 2 medium onions chopped well. • 4 eggs
• 1 tbsp parsley.
• Olive oil (optionally a bit of butter or non-hydrogenated margarine). •
sheets filo dough or pasta brick (type pastry) to
cake • 3 tablespoons of sugar can be glazed (powder) •
1 tablespoon honey • 2 tbsp • cinnamon
150 gr. peeled chopped almonds and fried (with a few drops of oil to Doran in seconds).
• A pinch of saffron, turmeric, ginger and nutmeg. • Sea salt
Recipe of the mass of the cake
Today people tend to buy ready-made but the masses are going to give you a prescription if you want to prepare yourself.
1. It is prepared with flour, salt and water as if we were to make a crepe but is more thick. 2
. When the skillet is very hot (with a few drops of oil), put a fine layer of dough. 3
. In few seconds you will be separated.
4. The withdrawal and prepared taking more care to be stacked with the most brilliant or done up.
Preparation of the cake
1. Sautéed onion and when you miss a couple of minutes you add the pages (gluten) or Carnita (before soaking in 30 minutes), a very tiny pieces. When you are golden well put the chopped parsley and a minute later all the spices. •
2. Remove and add a little water to piggy flavor becomes more intense.
• When the water has evaporated add the eggs, well beaten, and very low heat. You should go, stirring continuously to avoid everything is compacted in a tortilla. • Spread
tartera source or with a few drops of oil or butter and put the leaves on top of the dough (the brighter toward the bottom of the source or tartera). We spread sheets to cover the entire interior and a good portion protruding from the source (later to help cover the cake). •
will put a layer of ground almonds, sugar and cinnamon. •
Taparemos this layer with the leaf mass (there are those who paint with a little melted butter) and put another layer on top with the stuffing that we cooked (it should be no liquid to avoid wetting the leaves) . •
cover with more leaves and seal the cake with the remainder of the sides. • Painting the
cake with egg yolk to give it a more golden. •
Now we can put the oven to 180 degrees, 15 to 20 minutes.
• When the draw can sprinkle over a little powdered sugar and cinnamon.
TIP: The amount and variety of spices and tastes will have to be tailored to suit our tastes. The cake or Bastel is really a very complete meal in itself. Satisfies us more than it seems by their appearance.
Maskin (dessert Arabic)
• 2 cups flour. •
1 1 / 2 cup brown sugar, preferably in powder form.
• 1 cup of cream. • Nuts
varied (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc.). Well chopped but not ground.
• Olive oil.
Development of the maskin
1. Flour well kneaded together sugar and cream. 2
. Grease a mold with a little olive oil. 3
. Extend beyond the body or trying to be all uniform. 4
. To end spread the nuts well distributed over the entire mass. 5
. We'll put in the oven (pre-heated) over medium heat. 6
. The baking time depends on the thickness of the dough. If the dough flat with a fork comes out clean and is already well-cooked. And usually a golden color.
7. TIP: Some people use double sugar. That is a question of taste. The same goes for the amount or type of nuts.
1 cup pre-cous cous (sold in herbal shops and Arabs).
• 2 tablespoons of mint or fresh mint or chopped.
• 1 tbsp parsley or coriander leaf chopped fine well. •
3 tomatoes cut into small squares.
• 1 large onion chopped finely. •
juice 3 lemons. • 1 cucumber
• Extra virgin olive oil to taste.
• A pinch of sea salt. •
black olives. • A small
teaspoon of cumin.
1. After setting the pre-cous cous in a bowl pour over it a cup of boiling water and salt (on water and we put the salt and cumin). 2
. Ten minutes passed, the cous cous has absorbed all the water and you're ready. 3
. With a fork stir the go-cous cous so as sueltecito. 4
. Add all ingredients and stir well. 5
. Oil will put up to create more colorful. 6
. They are normally placed in the fridge (refrigerator) until just cool.
7. A tip: the amount of lemon juice is very concerning because it will taste. In general it is very important not to try any flavor predominates, create a sense of mixing aromas.
Humus (Entry, pâté chickpeas)
Ingredients • 1 cup cooked chickpeas. •
juice of a lemon. • 1 garlic
• 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame puree). • Water
1. Mix the beans with remaining ingredients in a bowl and pass by the Turmix (blender or mixer). 2
. Add more lemon or garlic to taste. 3
. I serve on a crisp (cookies, hard vegetables, bread ...).
Waraqa the Enab Vegetariano (Egyptian rice without meat as usual)
• 1 / 2 kg of grape leaves, small and very tender. •
1 / 2 kg Seiten (gluten) or soy (soy) textured (in the original recipe takes beef).
• 2 cups tomato juice.
• Juice of 1 lemon.
• 1 large onion grated.
• 3 tablespoons of olive oil. •
600 gr. paddy rice.
• 1 bunch of parsley. • •
Salt Pepper, Cumin, nutmeg, coriander and mint.
1. Cook the grape leaves with a pinch of salt for about 5 minutes (depending on the extent and thickness of the leaves). 2
. Remove the stem or leaf of each nerve. The drain briefly and expand on a plate with the smooth side facing out.
Preparing the filling
1. Picaremos onion fine and well until the skip transparent (not fried at all). 2
. Add Seiten (gluten) or soy (soy) Textured (previously soaked about 30 minutes). Sautéed minutes with the onion until everything is well done and will also tomato, seeded and finely chopped. 3
. Seasoned with spices and add water (two measures of water for each of rice). 4
. When you miss a boil and cook the rice (to try as salt) until it is cooked and has absorbed all the water.
5. Filling (not too) the grape leaves with rice and wrapped each in the form of fingers. It is important to getting the edges of each leaf inwards while rolling so we are not "clearing". 6
. Leaves will not stuffed in the bottom of a pan (forming a layer) and place over the stuffed leaves well together with each other.
7. Add tomato juice, a dash of oil, a pinch of salt and lemon juice on the leaves (the ideal is that the cover) and cook it all, a very low heat for an hour.
8. If it has become something of juice can drain.
9. I served with great care so that we are not opening it "rolls".
A tip for the recipe Waraqa Enab is essential to ensure that the grape leaves are free of any pesticide or chemical. Anyway the lavaremos a good one. As with every recipe, there are many variations depending on the area, the availability of certain ingredients or personal tastes. In many places are served with a cucumber salad and curry but some people prefer to serve this dish with a little yogurt acid above.