The small seeds
ground color and a flavor reminiscent of nuts, has become fashionable of late for the many blessings he has, among which the helps lose weight, improves digestion and monitors glucose levels and blood cholesterol . With regard to nutrition is concerned, seems to have acquired a good reputation. However, it should be recalled that starting over will never be well informed and know exactly what are the qualities of this seed.
Flax (Linum usitatissimum) and its seeds (flaxseed) have been cultivated since ancient times by the Egyptians, Babylonians and Greeks, for at least 5000 years to get, especially a fiber textile use, further that the use for medicinal purposes. Hippocrates (460 to 377 BC), recommended linseed to treat digestive ailments and skin diseases.
Investigations have found that significant flaxseed contains nutrient values that are responsible for its current popularity. Among the most significant nutritional elements of this food are:
1. Essential fatty acids: this seed contains these two essential elements that the body needs but is unable to produce linolenic acid (omega 3) and linoleic (omega 6) . Contains over first, which had been reported to be consumed in greater quantity because it helps prevent diseases of the circulatory system and cancer.
2. To regenerate the intestinal flora : the seed is recommended to regenerate the intestinal flora, to treat stomach irritation or to relieve the damage caused by the irritable bowel medication use.
3. Soluble fiber : This seed has the ability to increase the feeling of satiety, so by reducing the appetite, it is recommended diets to lose weight, in addition to helping decrease the absorption of sugars and cholesterol.
4. Contains phytoestrogens : which are plant compounds that produce the effects of estrogens (female hormones), although its biochemical structure is not the same. The flax seed is rich in one family of these substances, the lignans, which are also attributed the quality of preventing tumors, mainly breast. In cases of menopause or menopause, it is highly recommended.
5. Cancer prevention : this quality is found not at all, although it is estimated that about 30 compounds in flaxseed may prevent the development of malignant tumors. For example, it is known that human populations with diets rich in fiber and phytoestrogens, have low rates of tumors in the breast. Also, a mouse study at Duke University (United States) has shown that omega 3 fatty acids help block substances that promote the development of abnormal cells in the prostate (gland of the male reproductive system, located in front of the rectum and below the bladder).
6. Rich in protein : which are essential for the manufacture, repair or replace, and recover the cells of tissues, besides producing hormones.
. Rich source of vitamins : the A, B, D and E, which are essential for the organism, and which benefit all involved in the systems and cellular function . The deficiency of vitamins can cause diseases of the skin, lack of vision at night, hair loss, impaired blood clotting, bone and bone disorders of all kinds.
. Containing minerals : for the formation of cells and are involved in most chemical and enzymatic reactions that occur in the body.
Uses of flax
Flaxseed can be eaten alone or mixed with muesli. The crushing of the seed oil produces a highly beneficial not only for human consumption but for cosmetic use. because it helps to maintain optimum moisture in the skin and hair. Is used in Asia for centuries as a remedy for irritation of the stomach and intestines, and it is mixed with other ingredients to develop remedies for respiratory ailments or bladder and ducts through which urine travels (ureters and urethra). Flaxseed has also been used to address sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea, although there is no scientific evidence to support this or the medicinal use of this seed. However, flaxseed is highly effective in balanced diets, is an effective alternative for treating circulatory system by its high content of Omega 3 and this is highly accepted by the medical community, although the doses appear not defined at all.
homemade and nutritious for the skin and hair : put about two or three tablespoons of seeds in a container with a glass of pure water. Let it stand all night or until a gel. Spread the gel on your skin and your face like a cream. You can use this gel for peinarte leaves hair sedosísimo and helps to control rebellious hair.
: flaxseed is an excellent natural laxative. A teaspoon of linseed oil a day or two of seeds, accompanied by yogurt or Bulgarian, it is highly effective in treating constipation, and increasing the frequency of bowel movements and intestinal deep cleaning.
General Health : flaxseed, like all other foods, emphasizing their properties and operates according to a range of habits involved. We recommend, therefore, consumption of whole grains, fruits and vegetables, as well as replace the red meat or white meat in fat, fish, meat or soy.