Do you think the canary is for the birds? Maybe it's because you do not know the extraordinary properties of one of the most powerful and nutritious seeds that are on this planet. The birdseed, among other things, contains much high quality vegetable protein, besides being rich in antioxidants. The canary is you can add a host of dishes such as smoothies, the pancakes, cookies, granola, soups, rice, salads, etc..
This food is ideal for diabetic diets, weight loss and sports.
Find out more about the birdseed, see this link.
Here are some recipes with canary:
PUEBLA STYLE WITH LENTILS ALPISTE
• 1 / 4 Kilo of lentils
• 1 / 2 Kilo vegetarian ham or bacon
• 1 cup birdseed
• 1 / 2 Kilo of tomatoes
• 1 Kilo plantain (optional).
• 1 / 2 Kilo of carrots, diced
• Cilantro to taste
• 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
1. Soak the canary in pure water overnight before cooking this dish.
2. Cook the lentils and carrots, diced 15 to 20 minutes or until soft.
3. Fry the ham with the plantain.
4. After liquefaction of tomato with a garlic clove and 1 / 4 of onion and seasoning and strain it.
5. Mix the tomato with all the ingredients and bird seed, spice leave a few minutes. Serve.
RICE WITH MUSTARD ALPISTE
• 1 cup rice
• 3 cups chicken broth or water
• 1 tablespoon mustard
• 1 serrano chile
• Olive oil for frying rice
• 1 clove garlic
• 1 / 2 medium onion
1. Soak rice in warm water 25 minutes, drain and fry in oil until lightly browned or take a sand color.
2. In blender, put 1 cup of broth, with garlic, onion, chili, mustard and salt.
3. Add drained rice and oil to the entire contents of the blender. You can rinse the glass with some of the remaining cups of the broth.
4. Add all the broth to the bowl where the rice. Cover and leave until dry
CHOP SUEY VEGETABLES AND ALPISTE
Ingredients (4 servings)
• boneless chicken into strips, 400 g
• One cup of birdseed
• Carrot peeled and chopped, 100 gr
• Soy beans, 100 gr
• Onion, 100g
• Morrones red, 100 gr
• Summer squash, 100g
• shitake mushrooms, 6 units
• Bamboo shoots or mushrooms, 100 gr
• Soy sauce, approx. 40 cc
• Sesame oil
• large cloves garlic, chopped, 1 unit
• minced or grated fresh ginger, 15 g
• Flour or cornstarch, approx. 2 tablespoons soup
• White wine or beer or water, approx. 100 cc
1. Let soak overnight before the birdseed.
2. Place the chicken strips, flour, liquid (water, beer or white wine), grated or chopped ginger and garlic chopped or cut into strips in a bowl.
3. Have the vegetables cut and ready.
4. Using shiitake, soak first and if you want to use their water to moisten the step 2).
5. Hot skillet over with just oil. Seal the chicken, remove and reserve.
6. Same frying pan, very hot, a little oil and little water and stir in the vegetables, a variety of time. First the carrot, then the peppers, cucumbers, onions, zucchini.
7. Copiously with soy sauce. Vegetables should be crunchy.
8. At the last moment add the bean sprouts, birdseed and chicken.
VEGETABLE SOUP AND ALPISTE
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 diced carrot
• 1 large pumpkin in pictures
• 1 quart of chicken broth
• 1 tablespoon of tomato concentrate
• ½ cup birdseed
• 1 can or jar of 300 grams of cooked beans
1. Heat oil in a large pot and saute the vegetables and birdseed for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat broth to boiling point.
3. When the vegetables are tender, pour the broth and cover the pan to the boil quickly recover. Then uncover and let the vegetables cook approximately 8 minutes until tender.
4. Add the tomato concentrate and simmer 8 minutes.
5. Then add the beans, add salt and pepper to taste and heat thoroughly.
6. This dish is easy to prepare, is ready in 30 minutes Makes 6 servings. Of course it is nutritious as you leverage the virtues of vegetables and birdseed, and with a flavor that is perfect for any family members
Oatmeal Cookie and birdseed
• 1 cup oatmeal
• ½ cup raisins
• ½ cup birdseed
• 3 tbsp. butter
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 3 eggs
• 2 cups flour
• 1 tbsp. baking powder
• lemon or orange zest
1. Beat butter, sugar and egg yolks until smooth. Then add the flour and baking powder.
2. When the mixture is almost set, add the oats, lemon peel and raisins.
3. Beat the egg whites separately and mix them with the dough until it is fully integrated.
4. Shape cookies and place the dough in a buttered pan.
5. Put the cookies in the oven preheated to 200 ° C. for 25 minutes.