Is not your child eat well? Is mealtime has become a time of distress? The desperation of many mothers when their children do not eat appears to be a major concern more than we think. In fact, it is almost impossible that a child dies of hunger or malnutrition when this is available and food is offered. A child by nature, always eat what you need, This is a survival instinct, the need for food is something spontaneous. Malnourished children in places where there is food to be suffering from any serious illness such as kidney failure, cancer, etc..
Enough that we
a tour of the offices of pediatricians to note that one of the most abundant are the mothers say their children do not eat anything that your children are thin and pale. The complaints say "if you take just a few ounces." "No bite proof." There are even some who claim that "since he was born not eat anything." And often is the child running around and making mischief.
Stress caused by children who eat "good"
Many of these concerns are partly due to the propaganda of many media they recommend plenty of food for infants and children, emphasizing things like "your baby to grow well ..." so your child grow up healthy and strong "so that your child is not sick ..." and accompany these messages sometimes with a series of images that make the mother feel that it is absolutely necessary for the child eat and eat and eat ...
Pediatricians, on the other hand, in some cases also have to do when recommended increasing food while on the other hand the child eats less. This also contributes to nutritional stress the belief that children should not eat if it is not strictly guided by the instructions of the doctor with all this bombing, the mother is beginning to distress the slightest evidence that it feels that your child show you does not want to eat, and then slowly begins the battle to lunch, where neither the mother nor the child usually go wrong.
How to eat a child in the first years of life
This is a question we could answer many pediatricians evaluate many issues. However, it is important to consider the following for your child begins to eat exactly what you need, this well-nourished, and also enjoy lunch:
1. Your child should eat just enough : You know now that eating more is not synonymous with growth, because if a child eats too much, as anyone, so you will remove on or, worse, become the toxin, and if there is an overdose and there are no conditions for a good disposal, will accumulate and become not only overweight, but will likely rise to many diseases, including allergies, constipation, cold, the phlegm, skin problems, and so on.
2. Foods before fortification lacked the extra that are now a food with a number of vitamins, minerals, etc.. So the needs and level of satiety of the body is severely modified when consumed fortified products.
3. Foods are not introduced, we offer : Before the six months, so that the child is encouraged to drink pure milk. When you pass this age, we must gradually irle offering fruits and vegetables in simple mixtures. Call Carlos Gonzalez once said quite rightly, that when I heard someone say that "to introduce food was as if they were putting the child a suppository. And indeed this is the impression given the floor to introduce. So it offers little, and let the baby go you wanting more.
4. Do not force to eat : When you pass the year, continues to offer food, not force, if there is not as hungry as I say, everything, more beautiful and satisfying that So if it becomes an obligation, it loses its charm. Imagine that you forced every day to eat three plates full of your favorite dishes. Were going to end sooner or later, for negligible, especially if you say do not you stop by the table until you finish! That martyrdom, especially if you do "planes", and others to chnatajes commas.
5. Between the first year and 3 or 4 years, the appetite of children is often very variable , apetecerá sometimes eat, sometimes not. We recommend that you let this demand the first three years, preventing him, however, candy or junk food to feed the appetite for the moment but that does not nourish. From 3 or 4 years if not hungry, remove the dish, not the forces, or threaten or anything like that, but just tell that there will be nothing until the next mealtime. For example, if you did not eat at breakfast, do not give him anything until lunch. If you are hungry between meals, a furt afrécele case.
6. What takes away the hunger : the sweet, sugary aliemntos and bakery products are often filled with children without providing virtually no food. Avoid to get used to them, unless they offer their time and respect, they are not used to consuming.
. Anxiety and nervousness : another issue that could remove hunger are exaggerated emotional states. If you're tense or anxious because your child does not eat, certainly the feel and menso eat. You should relax and trust that nature is wise and knows how to do their work.
. Avoid refined sugar: Refined sugar is one of the "food" is more harmful: in addition to removing hunger and give a feeling of satiety, rots your teeth, weakens the immune system, hormonal imbalance in the system, weakens the nervous system causing children (or adults) stressed, nervous and anxious and overweight. If you already have the habit of consuming soft drinks, canned juices, sweets, etc., seeks to make an effort to make your child not to do, and offer these products Nole. Indeed avoid, trust me, many diseases and medications and will also have healthier children emotionally.
. Hours to eat is something that we learn : if you have a life or uncontrolled eating breakfast at different times and it will be difficult to fit the child. Children who go to daycare or school or where they eat breakfast, have time to eat well established, as its half hambiente be encouraged.
. And finally , enjoying lunch! Is necessary since the first months that provides food to your baby, ensure these are always the best quality and freshness possible, eat as much variety and sugar, fat, and processed products. And tries to make mealtime a time for pleasure and not a battle, son atu invited to prepare food with you and let the choose from the menu once in a while, talk of pleasant things while eating, not to rebuke this time, neither demanded nor hurry, and you will see that little by little solito arrives at the table to eat with a smile.