The cochayuyo by fleshy texture reminiscent of mushrooms. It has a mild taste but intense. We can consume a simple way, without any boiling cereal, legume, potato ... taking into account added in the last 15-20 minutes of cooking if we want to be integer (see various forms of preparation in the previous chapter). Also baked, fried in oil ...
is also very versatile, whether you find the point of dressing. Apart from enriching the salads, we can combine with the cooked dishes that will bring freshness and a nice texture contrast.
Can be aligned in many ways, but it combines particularly well with acidic flavors such as lemon. Can be consumed even as an aperitif.
Recipes can actually be infinite, because we know that every dish can be incorporated in one way or another ingredient that this enriched rioja.
In the kitchen must have a lot of alchemy, a good dose of imagination, improvisation and eager to test and experiment. We invite you to practice the verb "cochayuyear" thirst creative in the kitchen and find out how you like the cochayuyo.
Different ways of preparation To use raw
- It gets to soak in water, water and lemon, and a little water or apple cider vinegar overnight or 6 to 12 hours, depending on water hardness. If this is too hard to soak us, use bottled water of low mineralization. After school is not just drain and garnish with lemon juice, which helps to soften over a few hours before eating. Allows you to mix with the salad to accompany a cereal, potatoes or any dish you want to give a touch cooler.
-Combines well with lemon, both for the palate and at the level of utilization of nutrients . To use
- usually no more wash and add to stew, or quit a while to soak while preparing other ingredients ..
- Another option to add a stew is boiling before. The need for baking prior cochayuyo cooking time will depend on the rest of ingredients and also the "texture" we like the most, if softer and more body. We must bear in mind that cooking is about 15 to 20 minutes.
- If you use just as a fried or sautéed mushrooms, baked and not with a food that you bring water as the onion, for example, but only with garlic or cut, we must as a preparation just explain (soak overnight, or boiled before scalding). It is also necessary to prevent taparlo jump.
Crumbs. To use raw or cooked
- cochayuyo Grind the dry coffee grinder to add to stews that require cochayuyo powder for seasoning or raw. This formula will be used in diets for weight loss or when required higher iodine nutrition.
- Another option is to wash, drain (you can remove excess water with a cloth kitchen), and toast for 10 minutes oven over medium heat, or pan without oil. Ensure that it would not burn a bad taste. After grinding with the grinder or with mortar and leave it as very fine powder. This preparation is used mainly in sweet recipes.
-The ground is also good for making croquettes or some kind of filler that want it to be homogeneous.
For sweet recipes
To add a recipe fresh cut, not round, it should lose part of their salinity. It is better to wash cochayuyo and always have time to soak, or make a pass after scalding and cold water. Drain and cutting often with kitchen scissors or mincer. To incorporate ground see the previous paragraph.
Very important information to take into account
Because cochayuyo a natural product, an alga that follows the rhythms of nature, and which is influenced by variations in weather, time of collection, etc, is not a homogeneous behavior of food such as industrialized. Ie, the cochayuyo collected in November (spring in Chile), does not have the same characteristics as that harvested in April (autumn) has matured and most of its fibers are more consistent. Different items can cochayuyo us differently. Sometimes the springs, especially in the south are short or many temporary impossible that most of the collection is made at the time, and must be made when the weather is more favorable, which means that after the cochayuyo we will find.
These variations do not substantially modify their nutritional qualities (although there are slight variations in concentration of nutrients, are not very meaningful), or taste, but his time of preparation or cooking.