On Thursday June 29 at the University of Castilla-La Mancha in Ciudad Real will be a Seminar on Energy Crops and Biofuels organized by the Ministry of Industry and Technology community free to pose challenges and opportunities posed to the world of agriculture. The owner of this counseling José María Díaz Salazar opened the day that has a large panel of top level and includes representatives of the energy sector as Acciona, Abengoa and Repsol, as the world's agricultural researchers and a senior representative the European Commission.
With this initiative the Government of Castilla-La Mancha wishes to highlight the immense possibilities for the rural and industrial development of that region, and for the rest of Spain involves the linking of energy crops to produce biofuels, activity in this region can have an important role. The Board wishes to consider ratifying Communities in this way their commitment to sustainable energy development must now be a priority in all the industrial policies.
This is the program of the day: 9h30
Reception of participants and documentation
- D. Ernesto Martinez Atazar. Rector of the University of Castilla-La Mancha
- D. Paul Eugui Baraibar. President of the biofuels section of the Association of Producers of Renewable Energies-APPA (ACCIONA Biofuels).
- D. José Manuel Díaz Salazar. Minister of Industry and Technology. Junta de Castilla-La Mancha.
Inaugural Lecture 00 - D. Fernando de Esteban. Deputy Director of the Directorate General for Energy and Transport of the European Commission.
11h 30 Coffee break 45
Roundtable Moderator: - D. Benito Montiel.Director General of Industry and Energy Government of Castilla-La Mancha
Speakers: - Mr. Magín Lapuerta.Investigador group's main engines of biofuels and the technical UCLM.
- D. Ignacio Canaveral. Purchasing Director. Abengoa Bioenergy Ecoagrícola-group.
- D. Javier Narváez. Director of Studies and Head of Biofuels. Cooperativa Agropecuaria ACOR, Valladolid.
- D. Jesus Fernandez. Principal Investigator of the unique project of the Ministry of Education and Science on energy crops. Professor of Plant Production. President of the Association for the Dissemination of the use of biomass in Spain (ADAB).
- D. Calle José María Baro. Biodiesel Senior Adviser. For Technology and Refining REPSOL.
13h 45 Closing Remarks