In addition to the production standards, to Annexes I and II of Regulation (EEC) 2092/91 on organic farming must be met, so it is possible to certify crops, certain assurances. This is the purpose of Annex III. Imposing certain limitations on conventional crops can have the same owner, and agrees to take certain minimum accounting and complete certain documents of movement with each batch of product, to ensure traceability.
Guarantees of control on the farm
Production must take place in a local production unit of which, plots, pastures, exercise areas and outdoor access of animals, livestock facilities, and, where appropriate, the premises for storage of plants, plant products, animals, raw materials and inputs, are clearly separate from those of any other unit not producing in accordance with the standards referred to in this Regulation.
The minimum separation is required, in the case of irrigation, is that the installation of irrigation from the pond (if the pond water is not added unauthorized products) is separate from any other plant for watering a conventional unit. The stores of pesticides, fertilizers and crops compartir.Si obviously neither can the producer has other operating units that are grown conventionally in the same area (for our purposes a district may be the island), and the segregation the previous paragraph, imposes certain limitations on what can be grown in these units, which must also be subject to review by the CRAE and may also be inspected. In these conventional units can not have parallel production, ie plant may not occur in the same variety as those produced in the ecological unit, or a variety that is not easily distinguishable from it. For annual crops not allow exceptions.
The parallel production can be allowed as an exception in case they are perennial crops, with the following conditions:
- On the corresponding sheet of the application for registration shall be a conversion plan to be approved along with the inscription of the producer, who formally commit to the producer under which the start of the conversion to organic production in the latter part of surfaces in the same start as soon as possible and in any event not later than five years,
- Measures will be taken to prevent mixing or confusion of the products from these units
- The harvest of each of the products concerned will contact the agency or authority with a notice of at least 48 hours. It will use a notebook, according to the model provided by this Council, always on the farm quepermanecerá suitably updated and available losinspectores of CRAE (Organic Farming Control Board), which made the appropriate entries on lassiembras, fertilizer inputs, treatments, labor or crops, on the date on which sehagan.
Guarantees of control in the industry where products are delivered
It must take steps to ensure at the time of receipt losproductos separation from organic production units in conversion and conventional, either temporarily (various dates), spatially (entry and movement in various places Ylinen) and / or by identifying industry diferenciada.La have separate areas or time within the premises for elalmacenamiento products before and after the operations.
The operations are carried out without the complete run, separated in space oen time from similar operations which are carried out oconvencionales conversion products. If these operations are performed without date or time fixed conanticipación be announced within a deadline agreed with the authority to be completed by controlDocumentación producers productoresLos numbered certificate filled flyers (provided by esteConsejo) for any delivery of organic products intended to be marketed using prompts protected, and this Council will send the appropriate copy (yellow) before 16 calendar days. The handout has been requested to complete the pr oductor own at the time of laentrega.
Accounting documentation to complete and bring the industry where producers deliver products
Processors, for items sent outside the autonomous region, freight forwarding rellenarándeclaraciones numbered (provided by the Council), the original of this document and the copy for the authority or control body endestino physically accompany the consignment, and sent to this Council copiacorrespondiente (yellow) 16 days before naturales.Los Producers should ensure traceability, or ability to track the path siguenlos products through the entire chain of production, processing and distribution. From the information given on labels as presented to the final consumer, and through successive Laconte processors or distributors for the product has passed, sedebe to get to know what farm they come. Latrazabilidad checks will be part of what the inspectors do during visits to manufacturers.
The accounting industry should take:
- Be traceable to the supplier of the products
- Determine the nature, quantity, and use has been made, of agricultural raw lasmaterias for the production of products subject to certification poresta supervisory authority, which have been delivered to industry
- Be traceable to the recipients, and where different buyers, from cualquierade products subject to certification by the supervisory authority which left laindustria
- The data will be documented for entries, with circulaciónemitidos documents by suppliers and the quarterly statement, and for departures, with traffic-losdocumentos demonstrate the balance between inputs and outputs
Source: Regulatory Board for Ecological Agriculture Canary