The MAPO, Argentine Movement for Organic Production, Non-Governmental Organization is most important organ of the Argentine Republic.
it brings together all entities , persons, firms or NGOs, which are somehow related to organic production. At this moment represents over 1600 producers, certifiers, scientists, technicians, educators, entrepreneurs and marketers organic. Has organized its activities in 12 areas of work namely: Production, Organic Livestock, Domestic and International Trade, Research and Training, children (MAPITOS), Certification, Organic Supplies, Communication, Legal Affairs
Relations Institutions, International Relations and the Honorable Council of Ethics.
By integrating their representation is also known as "House of Houses."
Since its development, were MAPO members who participated, together with the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Food (SAGPyA), in drafting national standards for organic production of plants and animals. (Res. SAGPyA No. 423/92 and 1286/93 respectively). In 1996 together with the SAGPyA, developed the National Program for the Development of Organic Production in Argentina. (PRONAA). MAPO who was advised to parliament for the drafting of the current law National Organic Production Act 25127 (Enacted in 1999).
In partnership with other entities, the MAPO organized and continues to organize the presence of organic producers in several international exhibitions such as Bio Fach (Germany), Anaheim and Baltimore (USA), Bio Fair (Costa Rica) Bio Fair (Philippines), Foodex (Japan) and SIAL Mercosur.
In 1998, he made the Twelfth Scientific Conference of IFOAM (International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements), which was held in Mar del Plata with the assistance of more than 600 people from some 60 countries. We also conducted the International Seminar "Organics in the Supermarket" with the participation of executives from supermarket chains in Argentina and Europe. In June 2000, organized in the City of Buenos Aires the "1st Latin American Conference on Local and Regional Markets," with representatives of most Latin American countries. MAPO organized the First National Meeting on Organic Production in San Marcos Sierras, Cordoba Province 29-30 November and 1 December 2001, with over 550 participants who attended the 34 workshops and keynote speeches 19. Days annually organizes field training to farmers visiting a field model. Each month a representative from different provinces Mapo travels giving lectures stimulating organic production system.
The MAPO has also developed a close relationship with farming organizations worldwide, ranging from small regional farmers to IFOAM, which encompasses almost all organic producers in the world. A member of MAPO is part of the IFOAM Board of Directors and is the current Vice President.
The fundamental objectives of MAPO are
A) Promote the production of organic
b) To disseminate to the community and demonstrate the benefits of the system of production and organic food,
c ) Ensure the quality and transparency of markets and organic
d) Speaking with one voice in defense of the organic movement and its members.
In summary, MAPO is Ecology Action.
OUR OBJECTIVES Promote
ecological agricultural production that uses clean technology, sustainable and respectful of biodiversity
Demonstrate to the community that organic production is linked to the preservation of the environment and improving their quality of life ..
ensure the credibility and transparency in the markets.
Speaking with one voice in defense of the organic movement and its members.
Since its inception, the MAPO has maintained a working dialogue with government agencies related to agriculture, food production and foreign trade.
This joint work has paid off: resolutions production rules, resolutions and laws that regulate the activity, creation of specific committees, etc.. Through all this, Argentina is now one of the most advanced countries in the world in the production of organic food.
The MAPO has also developed a close relationship with farming organizations worldwide, ranging from small regional farmers' associations to the International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements (IFOAM).
The International Federation, the MAPO has a representative on the Board of Directors
l MAPO is organized by Working Areas open to all members.
LIST OF AREAS align=justify>
1 .- Training and Research Area 2 .-
Area Communication, Press and Broadcasting
Area 3 .- Children - 4 .- MAPITOS
Area of International Relations
5 .- Internal Trade Area
Area 6 .- Export
Area 7 .- 8 .-
Livestock Area of Economy and Finance
9 .- Area Institutional Relations
Area 10 .- 11 .-
Certification Area Production Area
12 .- .- 13
Regionalizing Area Legal
14 .- Honorable Board of Ethics
OUR MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS
* MAPO were members of those who participated, together with the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Food (SAGPyA), in drafting the National Standards for Organic Crop Production and Animal (Res. SAGPyA Nro . 423/92 and 1286/93 respectively).
* In conjunction with the 1996 SAGPyA, MAPO designed the National Program for the Development of Organic Production in Argentina (PRONAA).
* MAPO who was advised Parliament for the drafting of the current law National Organic Production Act 25,127 (enacted in 1999) and the regulation of which we managed by Decree Number 97/2001, published in the Official Gazette No. 29577 of 30.01.2001, after which MAPO ask the Secretary of Agriculture and the President's Office for the immediate regulation of the said Act MAPO
* On 20/02/2001 got the president of Argentina, Fernando de la Rúa, issued Decree 206 / 2001 amending some articles of Decree 97/2001, which created the National Program for Organic Production.
* SENASA was asked to correlate the functional regulation of Argentina with the Japanese.
* was achieved by part of the Secretariat of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Food is an urgent signing of Resolution 270/2000, which prohibits the use of seeds and inputs generated by genetic manipulation and the new standard for organic animal production and the lack of emission time and form amanezaba continuity of the equivalence of organic standards to the Argentine in the European Union, leading to outright destruction of organic production in Argentina, which as you know is supported by exports to the European Union. Achieving the MAPO was getting to be issued Resolution 270/2000 was not only that maintain equivalence European organic certification argentina, but organic foods positioned as the only guarantee that the consumer be free GM input.
Diffusion in the country (last year)
* There was a village in coferencia Concept Marketing (Marketing especially for organic agriculture).
* We visited the province of Salta making contact with producers of organic wine and sugar.
* lectures were given to farmers in Nueva Esperanza and San Jenaro, both towns in the Province of Santa Fe is
* gave talks to producers in General Roca, El Bolson (Chubut) and Bariloche.
* MAPO was present at the official presentation of a program for agriculture in the Province of Tucumán with an organic section, where were the highest authorities of Province and National Bank representatives and the Secretariat of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Food.
* Visit the group of organic producers in the province of Misiones, which coordinates IFAI (Instituto de Fomento Agroindustrial de Misiones).
* Visit to the Cooperative Ruiz de Montoya (Producers organic tea), Coop. The Union in San Juan de la Sierra (Productoers of sugar cane organic) and the establishment and Roth Würgler (Organic Yerba) in Misiones.
Conferences & Talks
* participated as speakers at the X International Congress on Andean Crops, realziado in San Salvador de Jujuy.
* Participate in Conference on the marketing of organic food and organized by the Fundación Novum Millennium .
* We participated in the Conference on Food and Biotechnology on the Grain Exchange.
* We gave a lecture at the I and II National Congress of Frutihorticultura on "If we were government."
* He a lecture at the Faculty of Agronomy of Blue hosted by the Professional Council of Economic Sciences.
* Participate in the International Conference on Soil Conservation, ISCO 2000 (11th International Soil Conservation Organization Conference).
* Conference in Agricultural University of Luján.
* There are regular lectures open to the public to provide information about organic.
* Conference on the Law of Tax Revenue.
* MAPO CEIBO received the 2000 Prize, awarded by the Ministry of Environment and Regional Development of the City of Buenos Aires by the unselfish collaboration in defense of environmental values.
* Mr. Alberto Pipo Lernoud, a member of our Board, was reelected member of the Board of IFOAM after having made an excellent vote of the Assembly held in Switzerland in August 2000 and currently ranks Vice President of the organization.
* The MAPO had a physical presence with a booth at the fair MARCHE BIO in Zofingen, Switzerland, Argentina being the only third world country in this event.
* The MAPO, working in together with other entities, organizations and continue to organize the participation of organic producers in Argentina BIO FACH (Germany), Anaheim and Baltimore (USA), BIO FAIR (Costa Rica), BIO FAIR (Philippines), FOODEX (Japan) and SIAL MERCOSUR - BOLIVIA BIO 2000.
national shows and exhibitions
* Cultivos Andinos International Fair held in Tilcara, Jujuy.
* International Fair of Ecology, Bariloche.
* MAPO was present at the Provincial Festival in San Wheat Jenaro Norte, Province of Santa Fe *
Expochacra Expochacra 2001 and 2000.
Ecobiocultura * / Exponatural 1999 and 2000.
* Fruits & Vegetables 2000.
Press and dissemination
* Press Release to the various print and radio reported that the production of organic meat is the safest in the world, under the current climate of insecurity and fear experienced by the consumer because of the threat contagion of the commonly called "mad cow syndrome.
* Press Release -" Organic Food, a valid alternative to not eating transgenic "reporting that certified organic foods are the only foods that can ensure that the chain production have not been used transgenic inputs of any kind. This assertion is based on organic foods are required by law to be certified by 25,127 a private certification, they are supervised by SENASA and the European Union, there is also an existing legislation, Resolution Number 270/2000 of the Secretariat Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Food, which prohibits the use of GM inputs for organic farming.
* The Reason - "The trend to consume organic foods is increasing daily."
* Rural Market Magazine - " Organics are the jump.
Canal Azul Television - "stimulating growth hormones used on livestock for food."
* Diario Clarín Revista VIVA "Eat healthy, that is the question."
* Supplement Available Via La Nacion "A green wave".
* Trade Journal Supplement The Nation "Argentina andalusia natural".
* Revista Para Ti "Organic Products".
* El Litoral Santa Fe "The benefits of Organic Production".
* The Cronista Comercial "Organic: a boom on the waiting list."
* Good Health Magazine "Organic Food, the friend of health and the planet" .
* Rural Journal No. 107, Córdoba.
* Daily Report Rural de Santa Fe "The organic movement." Diario Clarín
* "The Green Wave and imposes on the shelves of supermarkets .
* La Nación "Renewed push for organic food production."
* La Voz del Interior (Córdoba) "Organic production is gaining ground."
* The MAPO edited the book "Transgenic Risks to Human Health", the first serious scientific report which is in Argentina where it is expressed all the risks contained in the application of this technology to our food. The successful first edition sold out, and launched a second.
* Documentation is sent by way of providing information to the Senate Committee that was chaired by Senator Luis Leon, is working on the GM issue related to health. *
began an investigation into the nutritional differences between organic and conventional foods.
MAPO * The President, on behalf of producers that make up the entity and under which several of our members have suffered severe problems caused by pollution from GM crops, had dated November 8, 2001 before the Federal Administrative Court # 2 in a declaratory action to summarily demanded the government to "cease the granting of permits for exploit corn genetically modified (GM) and also pending the resolution of this action, to suspend all permits have been granted so far and also ordered a ban on the use and marketing of all the seeds of this type existing on the date " .
* The set of actions and other related institutions MAPO reversed Bill "Biosecurity in the implementation of the Agricultural Biotechnology", promoted by Congressman Alberto Briozzo.
* MAPO achieved passage of the Resolution 1044/2000, which includes the 3% additional reimbursement for exports of organic products Argentines with over $ 1,000,000 .- for organic farming. A turn was made to remove the export duty paid products as organic if they qualify. (Now obsolete)
Conferences and Events
* We align=justify>
* "National Technical Update on Organic Production extensive and organized by MAPO PROVIDENCE SA - Tres Arroyos - Buenos Aires.
* Organic Match Horticultural Establishment in Arcos de Inti - La Plata.
* We participated in the Congress of Cardiology to be held in the city of Cordoba.
* Participate Day in the Prevention of Addictions MERCOSUR, held at the Universidad del Salvador.
participated in the Day * The Impact of Biotechnology.
* We the First Latin American Congress of Local and Regional Organic Markets IFOAM.
* MAPO was responsible for the 12th IFOAM Scientific Conference, Mar del Plata in 1998, involving over 700 representatives from 60 countries.
* MAPO organized the First National Meeting on Organic Production in San Marcos Sierras of Cordoba Province from 29-30 November and 1 December 2001. As a form of affirmation and reward for the dedication and effort of the organic sector, incredibly, despite the tremendous crisis prevailed over 550 participants attended, during the three-day event, 34 workshops and 19 keynote speeches by filling all the rooms.
* Talk about food in schools Ceferino Namuncurá - Caseros - Buenos Aires, and Clare of Assisi Arrayanes party Escobar, Province of Buenos Aires.
* Course in Organic Vegetable Garden TSE No. 35 from La Matanza.
* Curso de Huerta Orgánica at school Clara de Asis Escobar party, deepening the theme of Land Management.
* Conference on Sustainable Development in the College of Garin Arrayanes , from Escobar.
* Submission of this area of work in the San Martín Cultural Center was attended by 700 kids from 15 provinces within the 6th National Congress of Children Ecológico.
* It is implementing the Proyecto Educativo "La Huerta Orgánica.
* already been 384 submissions to the INPI (National Industrial Property Institute), to reject brands that contain the word "organic", "organic," "biological", as well as providing diminutives misleading. These presentations should not allow our partners unilaterally defend itself, thereby saving the cost of such defense.
* Met Decree 206/2001 which prohibits registration of trademarks organic, biological, ecological, economic and bio. Are only permitted to use these words for certified producers.
* We offer free advice and have the service and defense of Registration of Trademarks and Patents to price differentials.
* With more than 100 representatives of the organic sector was the interactive multimedia CD ROM to promote organic BIOFACH Argentina in 2001 and the commercial attaches of embassies abroad, this work made by a commission formed by the public and private sectors.
* took a major aspirations of the institution: the regionalization with a structure that accommodates the concerns and contributions of the different regions of the country. Thus were formed the following regions: MAPO Córdoba - Santa Fe MAPO - MAPO Salta - MAPO MAPO and Andean Patagonia San Juan and continue working to expand regionalization.
* are made available to an updated list of partners allowed input through our area Inputs.
organic meat Area
* The MAPO has shifted to a role of incubator to promote the formation of the Group specialized in meat production and marketing.