Massage can have very different purposes and applied at different ages. However, for small massage among its goals is most important to increase the deep emotional bond between parents and children, because there is no doubt that physical contact is essential for proper growth and development of children.
A massage can be applied soon after the baby is born and during the first years of its development, and do not need to be an expert or an expert, just have a good intention to do so and you know very simple things like the benefits if your little one, despite feeling a bit tired or bewildered by the work that involves a baby, you see every day on time and enthusiastic willingness to give a good massage.
Benefits of massage for kids:
• Early stimulation of body movements (locomotor system).
• Activating the blood circulation to your whole body, which helps to oxygenate your body.
• Welfare mood in the small
• Establish a close and deep relationship with your baby.
• Help you to have an early awareness of her body.
• Stimulation of pleasant sensations.
• psychomotor stimulation system.
• Strengthen your muscles.
• will help you relax and relieve stress.
Types of massage for children
If something can boast at present is the large number of proposals in a matter of massage and alternative health for baby and toddler. There is a wide variety of massages, and as you say, you need not be an expert, but as in everything, the more you know the more we can help your baby. Here are some techniques you can begin to give you an idea of where you would like to apply to your baby:
Methods for small massage:
• The method of butterfly wing: very soft, especially suitable for newborns. This method is derived from the bioenergetic therapy.
• Indonesian Massage: This massage is especially suitable for children or babies aprtri for four months, since the massage is applied in a stronger and more rhythmic.
• Games and stories on the skin: This type of massage physical contact is accompanied by narratives that dad or mom is counting the small. This type of massage is extremely effective in helping the baby from a very early age to develop their attention, their imagination and creativity. In addition, this massage is to develop the basic principles of language.
• Therapeutic Massage: This type of massage is indicated for children with some deficiency or condition. In this case, it is recommended the guidance and instruction from a professional.
Massage for babies three months and beyond:
Here are a type of massage very easy to implement and which you must follow to the letter our instructions for the massage is really something you enjoy and be beneficial for your baby.
Pressure and patience.
Before you begin, you need to know how much pressure you should put into the massage. For this, put your fingers on the eyelids and gently masajéate eyes. This way you will know the level of pressure that you must print the body of your little baby. It is very important that if you perceive in a hurry or impatient try to relax or suspend the massage when you find a more appropriate time. Never give your baby a massage or a bad mood in a hurry, they should always feel your patience and tenderness, if registered massage your impatience will be neither useful nor emotionally nourishing.
In small areas like the cheeks, fingers or feet, use your fingertips to gently press and in the larger areas like the back, forearms and legs, use your hands to massage. The movements must always be slow and rather cherished.
Before you start giving the massage is good lubricate your baby's skin with some oil, so it is recommended to massage when the baby just dip, so that we can enjoy more massage. S soft oil used as grape seed or that are special for this step. Avoid too much oil your skin with oils that absorb little, as the nut.
Face: sutilizar here to the tips of your fingers, very gently, you can start down the cheeks using circular movements, do so slowly and gently on his forehead is still low on his nose and reached its mouth, you must cherish practically without leaving the circular motion. Then, down his chin and continued until his neck movements descentendtes until you reach your arms.
Arm in arm pressure should be with your index finger and thumb, the thumb will support and move the index finger gently pressing in a circular motion. You can start at the shoulder area and go down gradually until you get to the wrist and hands. In the palm of your hands to make a circular pressure with both fingers, which move across the palm of your hand, turning off when needed to each finger. Finally, let your child press their hands with your thumbs and closes and opens his arms like a butterfly. Then up and down his arms, without pulling too estíralos and then down. You can toggle quickly up one arm while the other low.
Back: in the back you can use the palm of your hand and lightly press in a circular motion. When you are massaging your back is necessary that the baby is face down on a firm surface. It is most likely to lift your head, let down a bit, is very beneficial for strengthening your neck and back.
Legs: the massage is done with the palm of the hand which will slide gently with circular motions. Reaches his feet and tighten gently cares to go through all their fingers. Then, flex your knees and gently press your thighs against her body.
To finish the massage, a little wheel to your baby as if it were a roll of paper from one place to another.
Do not forget, prior to each massage, wash your hands very well, and if you want, add a bit of music like Bach or Mozart for babies to time environments.
We recommend you read: Massage for babies and toddlers, from Gunter Zenz, Ed Edaf