Vitamin B2 is for the conversion of proteins, fats and carbohydrates into energy; also needed to repair the tissue of our body and for the efficient use of oxygen in the cells of vital importance. The recommended dose of riboflavin for an average adult, except pregnant or lactating women, is up to 1.3mg per day.
Lack of vitamin B2 in the diet can result from poor diet, rich in sugar and white flour or too much junk food, poor intestinal absorption of nutrients and / or bad eating habits. Vitamin B2 deficiency in the body causes symptoms such as ulcers or sores in the mouth, lips and tongue, inflamed eyes, dry flaky skin, or severe abuse and loss of hair.
Foods rich in B2 are liver, whole grains (especially wheat germ) goat's milk, almonds, eggs, mushrooms, cucumber, yogurt (especially homemade), water melons, apples, pineapples, lettuce, peppers, avocados, cabbage, etc.
Here are some recipes with the right combination, rich in vitamin B2.
Pepper and avocado sauce
- ½ pound of green or red tomatoes, washed thoroughly
- 1 green pepper, cored, tailing
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted
- Green Chile (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- Pure Water
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Blend all the ingredients except the lemon juice with a splash of water (not much, because it must be a fairly thick sauce.)
- Add lemon juice to the sauce and mix.
- Season a little in the pan, or take it raw.
- Serve with chopped onion on top. This sauce is for the spread of pita bread, perfect for tacos, quesadillas, burritos, sandwiches, etc.
Pumpkin and pepper salad
- 1 green bell pepper cut into triangles
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into triangles
- 1 red bell pepper cut into triangles
- 1 / 2 onion, cut in half into triangles
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into slices
- 100g. of clean mushrooms
- 150g. of panela cheese, cut into cubes
- Slightly cook in hot water for 2 minutes.
- Arrange them in a bowl with panela cheese.
- 12 skyswan fungi (OCA heaven dehydrated)
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce (oriental shops)
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of black sesame seeds
- Soak dried mushrooms in a bowl with water, cover with teriyaki sauce for an hour. If using fresh mushrooms (shiitake, for example) is not necessary, let them soak in water, but only with the sauce and half an hour.
- Pour the mushrooms and the remaining sauce in a nonstick pan or frying pan, add sesame oil and seeds. Cook over high heat, until the sauce is reduced, turn to be made by both sides.
- Serve hot with rice or noodles.
Wheat germ bread
- Water 1 3/4 cups 400 ml
- 4 cups of whole wheat flour 550 g.
- Wheat germ 1/3 cup 50g
- Natural pea fiber 1/4 cup 30 g
- salt 1 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons of yeast
NOTE: Wheat germ oil is slightly rancid once opened so store in the freezer forever.
- Add water and oil in the pan.
- In a large bowl put flour, pea fiber and salt. Combine wheat germ and yeast, quick, and then add the oil and water. Mix to a dough. Put on a floured surface.
- Knead about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. Place on an oiled bowl and give with greased plastic wrap to increase the volume. Allow to stand until double in bulk, usually between an hour and an hour and a half.
- Again, flour the surface. Knead for about 2 or 3 minutes and then shape the form that are already greased or covered with parchment paper fit. Divide the dough into the pan and cover again with oiled plastic. Leave in a warm place until the dough volume has increased.
- Meanwhile turn on oven to 2308C / 4508F / Gas-8. Bake bread for 20 minutes then reduce temperature to 2008c / 4008F / 6 and gas oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire mesh. To determine whether the bread is finished, press the low and if it sounds empty, it means that it is.
Yogurt custard with almonds and honey
- 8 plain yogurt, preferably homemade
- 14 sheets of gelatine
- 3 lemons
- 8 tablespoons of honey
- 80 grams of almonds
- Hydrate the gelatin in plenty of water until soft.
- Peel the skin of the lemon and mix with yogurt. Boil 6 tablespoons of honey with half a glass of water. When boiling, add the gelatin and put out the fire. Stir the mixture to be disposed to the gelatin.
- Let rest for a few minutes and you have the yogurt, stirring the whole. If we get a uniform mixture, pour the custard cups and cool in the refrigerator.
- For sauce, heat lemon juice in a pot with the rest of the honey, and chopped nuts. To present the dessert, leave the flan of yogurt and pour over first sauce and finally the nuts.