The grape leaves (vine grape) used in Arab and Egyptian cuisine to produce a variety of dishes of high quality nutritious, low in bad fats, ideal for light or vegetarian diets. If you appreciate healthy and delicious meal, these recipes are for you. Vine leaves also have properties that greatly benefit the circulatory system and blood vessels refueerzan.
Stuffed vine leaves brown rice
• 1 jar grape leaves to natural
• One cup of cooked brown rice
• 1 medium onion
• 2 tablespoons pine nuts
• 1 tablespoon raisins
• 1 tablespoon fresh mint
• sea salt
For the lemon sauce (Avgolemono)
• 2 eggs
• lemon juice
• 150 gr. brown rice
• Olive Oil
• 1 cup cooking broth of parsley leaves.
1. In a skillet sauté the minced onion and incorporate brown rice. Fry over high heat for three minutes without stirring. We incorporate the 150 gm of rice, stir, and we covered. What we take five minutes and gradually add the remaining ingredients except grape leaves. A slow fire cooking will go for a few minutes. We let it cool down, and meanwhile we dried grape leaves. Place in a saucepan and fill with the mixture we have prepared previously.
2. Arrange the leaves in a pan and fill the center with the previous preparation. Close the road without excessive pressure, because the rice will swell to the point of cooking. Throw the lemon juice, half cup of olive oil and hot water. Above the packets have to put a dish to avoid opening. Cover and cook over very low heat for one hour. Serve cold as a first course served with natural yogurt or warm with lemon sauce.
3. To make the lemon sauce to mix the eggs with lemon juice and gradually add the hot broth. Heat for a few minutes, stirring until thickened. Serve over warm grape leaves.
SUMMER STYLE grape leaves
• 1 / 2 kg small fig leaves and soft
• Filling of cooked vegetables (your choice)
• 2 cups tomato sauce
• Juice of 1 lemon
1 - Boil the leaves in boiling water and salt 1 / 4 hour.
2 - Remove the stem of the leaf and place it so that it remains the most gentle to fuera.l
3 - Fill with small amount of vegetable filling and roll in the form of fingers, taking into account the edges stick while rolling inward so as not to loose.
4 - Put a sheet without filling in the bottom of the pot, place over the stuffed leaves.
5 - Boil tomato juice with water and lemon juice and pour the mixture over the stuffed leaves to cover.
6 - Bring to the boil, then let simmer. Add 1 tablespoon oil.
7 - Serve hot.
Stuffed vine leaves GOAT CHEESE OR TOFU
• Goat cheese in pieces of 5x1cm. or pre-seasoned tofu.
• grape leaves in brine, rinsed and styles.
• Tomato sauce
1. Extending the grape leaves with the smooth side down and place 1 piece of cheese per sheet.
2. Fold the edges inward and roll it up.
3. In a bowl greased with butter and place the rolls to cook in an oven at medium temperature ,6-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned leaves. Serve hot with bread.
4. Bathing with red tomato sauce (tomato)
SARDINES fig leaves
• 1 dozen sardines
• 1 dozen grape leaves (which have not been treated)
• 1 lemon
• extra virgin olive oil (dove)
• Sea salt and pepper.
• cucumber and yogurt salad to complement
1. Cut the stem of the branches and submerge in a bowl of very hot water and leave 15 minutes.
2. We clean the sardines, gut and central scrapes, keeping them in one piece, with head, wash well and sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper and close.
3. Wash with cold water branches, dried them and put the extended, with the soft part facing the desk and the party with more pronounced edges ahead of us. We put a sardine on each leaf and roll up lightly pressing.
4. We strike down the sardines on a greased baking tray and bake dove (with the preheated oven) at 200 º for 15 to 20 minutes, with both sides of the furnace on (top and bottom). Of course this depends on the type of oven, the idea is still falling at this very hot oven, and made in the minimum time at maximum temperature, so it does not dry out and are cooked and juicy.
5. Serve with cucumber salad.
TOMATO grape leaves (red) VEGETARIAN AND MEAT
• 1 / 2 kg of meat vegetarian previously prepared picadillo style
• 1 large onion, grated
• 3 tablespoons oil
• 2 cups brown rice
• 1 bunch parsley
• Sea salt
• Pepper and Spices
• Juice of 1 lemon
• Hojas de Parra
1. Rub the grated onion with salt, pepper and spices. Peel and dice tomatoes, wash and drain rice.
2. Saute meat in vegetarian oil and let cool 5 minutes. Mix all ingredients together with the vine leaves.