Molasses is produced by the fermentation of cereals , either rice, barley, wheat, etc.. The molasses is a sweetener, has the appearance of a dark syrup is an ingredient, though sweet, have some bitterness, but by combining it with brown sugar and spices like ginger, you get a really really delicious syrup.
Here, molasses is used to share molasses barley. Barley is one of the most cultivated cereals, is highly nutritious and provides protein, carbohydrates, fiber, folic acid, iron, phosphorus and calcium. It is also a good source of vitamins A, C and E.
Yield: 25 Cookies
¼ cup butter ¼ cup vegetable shortening
½ cup brown sugar ¼ cup molasses
½ cup shredded coconut
1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
½ tsp. cinnamon powder
¼ tsp. clove spice powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1 ½ whole wheat flour
1 . Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2 . Grease two baking trays.
3. Beat with electric mixer the butter, brown sugar and butter until creamy.
4. Then add molasses, spices and baking soda.
5. Then add the flour gradually.
6. With a spoon, take the mixture in the tray and place on a greased cookie.
7. Leave a 1cm space between a biscuit and cookie.
8. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
9. Remember to put the broiler on the second level to ensure that cookies are too brown.
10. When you make cookies, biscuits or toast perhaps.
11. Parrillita put them in a cool and let paraqué is pngan crisp.
12. Remember that the cookie while smaller, less baking time.
Makes 25 chips
• 100 gr. butter at room temperature, the better plants.
• 60 gr. of butter.
• 220 gr. brown sugar.
• 120 ml of molasses.
• 1 large egg
• 290 gr. integral flour
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon crémor Tatar (optional).
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon ¾
• teaspoon ground ginger
• ½ teaspoon ground cloves
• ½ teaspoon ground pepper jamaica
• ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper (cayenne pepper) powder [a pinch ]
• ½ teaspoon salt
• grain rebozo.
1. Preheat oven to about 190 º C (if we're not going to leave the body).
2. Sift flour and add all spices: baking, crémor, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice, paprika, pepper and salt.
3. Reserve this mixture.
4. In a deep saucepan, whisk the butter with the butter and brown sugar until pale.
5. Add egg and molasses and continue beating until just smooth.
6. Then add the flour mixture.
7. Let the dough rest in the fridge and the biscuits can be more easily and tend to be better.
8. Grained Pour sugar on a plate.
9. Form balls with the dough and coated in sugar.
10. Put on a tray with baking paper or silicon, separated sufficiently.
11. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until they begin to see that burnt.
12. The longer more crisp.
Makes 4 servings
• 200 gr. Brown sugar
• grated 2 large oranges.
• 125 gr. normal meal.
• ¾ teaspoon of baking soda.
• ¼ teaspoon salt.
• 60 gr. thick fresh cream.
• 1 big egg.
• Half cup of cup molasses
• 110 gr. of butter.
• The juice of 2 oranges.
• 15 gr. pure cocoa powder.
• 8 gr. vanilla sugar (optional)
• A dash of orange liqueur (optional).
1. Preheat oven to 175 º C.
2. Rallar oranges and grated and mixed with sugar, do it with your hands, until well flavored.
3. Mix flour with sugar and grated, baking soda, salt and vanilla sugar if it is used.
4. Add the cream and egg.
5. Mix and add a little orange juice (reserving a little) and molasses.
6. Melt the butter in a saucepan on low heat, add cocoa and a dash of orange juice.
7. Warm low until dissolved.
8. Allow to cool slightly and then pour over flour mixture, beating until no lumps and form a homogeneous paste.
9. Cover 20x20 with a cast of baking paper, so that over a few centimeters at the edges.
10. This grows quite tart, so you have to prevent a stroke.
11. Grease and flour mold and pour the dough.
12. Bake for about 20-30 minutes, until done but slightly wet, we can know if with a skewer to prick the mass does not adhere to the skewer.
13. Once out of the oven, put in a bath of cold water to avoid an cociéndose.
14. Leave temper while preparing coverage.
Syrup to soak the cake
• 110 ml. water.
• 80 gr. powdered sugar.
• A bit of orange liqueur or 4 tablespoons of molasses
1. Put water in a container with the sugar and liqueur or molasses.
2. Boil until it has dissolved and formed a syrup.
3. Soak the cake with the liqueur with a syringe clicking the coverage, especially on the sides where it tends to cook more.
4. This cake is juicy.
FAST COCKTAIL FOR BREAKFAST
Serves: 1 person
1 piece of pineapple cut into small cubes
1 guayaba cut into cubes juice of an orange juice
A kiwi lemon half cut into cubes
4 chopped nuts
5 tablespoons of molasses or to taste
1. Put the fruit in a bowl.
2. Dissolve the molasses with orange and lim'n
3. Dip the fruit in this syrup
4. Decorate with walnuts. Nutritious and delicious breakfast.
PITA BREAD WITH SYRUP
• 4 pita breads
• Same size of pancakes (or proportional)
• Two eggs
• ½ cup milk A pinch of cinnamon
• One teaspoon vanilla
• Juice of two oranges
• brown sugar
1. Whisk the eggs in a bowl with milk and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, mix sugar with cinnamon
3. Heat a skillet with oil.
4. Soak well pita bread in the egg mixture. It should be fast because if the bread is broken by moisture.
5. Put oil in pan and sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar
6. Wait until browned on that side and turn to bread.
7. Sprinkle the other side with cinnamon sugar. (Avoid brown much)
8. Once golden, remove and reserve.
9. In a separate mold, mix the orange juice with molasses and a bit of oil.
10. Pour a little of this syrup (or to taste) on top of bread.
11. Serve hot.