spots on the skin are changes in the color of the skin produced by various causes. Appear on the face or body and are in most cases undesirable for those who suffer. Many, such as spots or patches of pregnancy do not pose anything other than an aesthetic problem. Can be covered easily with makeup but most desired is to eliminate them completely. Other times, certain spots, like liver, are based on the malfunction of an organ so that their treatment, in addition to responding to a question of personal appearance, required to solve the health problem that causes.
The good news is that there are many ways to eliminate and prevent even more important.
types of stains on the skin
- Pecas : They are accumulations of pigment that occurs in non uniform rounded shape and on the skin. Show no regard to health problems. Sometimes they disappear with age. They are most abundant in white-skinned people than in those of dark skin. Become more abundant with the contact with the sun.
- Lunar : These vary from brown to black, looking flat or in relief. They are known as nevi. They are produced by excess pigmentation or by accumulation of small blood vessels. Congenital in nature. May disappear with age or get older. Show no physical problem, but often represent an aesthetic problem. (Must be monitored no bite, blood, or sudden changes in color, size or shape. In which case there should be a visit to the dermatologist)
- stains caused by excessive sun exposure: produces an increase in melanin. Ultraviolet rays damage cells. These are very common in older people that is subjected to sunbathing. Are visually more irregular and larger than freckles. Some products, compound the problem as the use of cosmetics or fragrances contending alcohol and sun exposure.
- spots appear during pregnancy (chloasma or melasma): A light-colored spots are produced by hormonal changes during this period, and by ingestion of contraceptives and hormones during menopause. Appear in certain parts of the face, as the cheeks or forehead and chest. Sun exposure predisposes their occurrence.
- blue stain on the skin : may occur as a result of a coup. Sometimes appear without apparent cause and a normal way. These may respond to different motives, from a medicicación anticoagulants based on products, problems in blood coagulation (aspirin, for example) in diseases such as hemophilia, some sort of nutritional deficiency in the absence of the vitamin C, or K folic acid, infections of the blood, liver, or some type of cancer. And appear not to respond to these shocks, as would be advised to visit a doctor.
- vitiligo : appear as white plaques, sometimes surrounded by a darker edge. Are caused by the loss of pigmentation in the skin causes varied, from problems in thyroid until autoinmunológicas reactions of the skin.
- Manchas birth : red or brown. Have their origin in the birth and have very different shapes and sizes.
Even if the cause of the spots is not the exposure or overexposure to sun, this always makes the problem worse. The sun makes the spots become more visible and dark. The damage from the sun on the skin can be seen under certain light filters before they are normally visible, the sun makes these spots invisible in normal conditions intensify becoming visible. Freedom from prolonged exposure to sunlight may be the best antidote to these unwanted stains appearing on the skin. People who tend to develop spots should use high sun protection factor (This is practically necessary in the case of vitiligo).
It should be remembered that there is a serious conceptual error in the theme of the spots and it is the belief that only gives you the sunlight when you go to the pool or beach, and the reality is that one is exposed to in the light when you leave home. A person with chloasma, a long walk in the shade it is getting dark spots. Many women were not removed because these pigmentations are not completely protected from light and when you recommend a sunscreen that is created only when they go to the countryside or the beach.
Should these problems, modern medicine and cosmetics have very different procedures for partial or total elimination. We can come to the aid of laser whitening or bleaching creams, the application of techniques such as peeling that removes the skin cells and encourages the emergence of new ones, etc.. If you have reason for concern about the appearance of our skin, it is advisable to visit a dermatologist to diagnose a possible solution.